Thursday, July 11, 2013

Victoria, British Columbia

Victoria, the capitol of British Columbia is located on Vancouver Island. 
The only way to take the Roadtrek to Vancouver Island was by ferry. 
Earlier that morning I arrived from Skagway, Alaska to Bellingham, Washington by ferry.
 I drove the short 35 miles to the city of Vancouver, BC.
Vancouver, BC.is the city located to the East of Victoria.
The Fairmont Empress Hotel located in Victoria on the harbor.


Afternoon tea also called "high tea" has been a custom since 1807.
Boondocking at Walmart overnight to "high tea" at the Empress Hotel.
I am sure the Queen would not approve. I had felt like the Queen had been watching me.

Queen Elizabeth
The Queen has here portrait on the wall over my right shoulder.
I knew I had been watched.

The menu says:
Cucumber sandwich with saffron.
Smoked salmon & herb cream cheese pinwheel.

Dessert had five items offered for all those having lunch at our table.
That would be me. The advantages to traveling solo.

Next I was going to the Butchart Gardens a 55 acre display of flowers .

No comments:

Post a Comment